- IS THE VISA TRAVELMONEY CARD A CREDIT CARD?
- WHERE CAN I USE MY VISA TRAVELMONEY CARD?
- WHY WOULD I USE MY VISA TRAVELMONEY CARD INSTEAD OF TRAVELERS CHECKS?
- IS THERE A LIMIT AS TO HOW MUCH VALUE THE VISA TRAVELMONEY CARD CAN HAVE?
- ARE THERE ANY TRANSACTION AND RELOAD LIMITS?
- DOES THE VISA TRAVELMONEY CARD CARDHOLDER NEED TO SIGN AN AGREEMENT?
- HOW DO I OBTAIN AND/OR CHANGE MY PIN?
- CAN MY VISA TRAVELMONEY CARD BE RELOADED?
- HOW CAN I CHECK THE BALANCE OF MY VISA TRAVELMONEY CARD?
- HOW ARE DISPUTES HANDLED?
- DO I SELECT DEBIT OR CREDIT AT THE POINT OF SALE?
- HOW ARE RETURNS HANDLED?
- IS THERE AN EXPIRATION DATE ON THE VISA TRAVELMONEY CARD?
- CAN THE VISA TRAVELMONEY CARD BE RELOADED?
- ARE THERE FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CARD?
- CAN I GET CASH BACK AT A MERCHANT?
- WHAT HAPPENS IF MY CARD IS LOST OR STOLEN?
- CAN THE VISA TRAVELMONEY CARD HAVE A NEGATIVE BALANCE?
- WHAT HAPPENS IF MY PURCHASE IS DENIED?
- HOW DO I FIND AN ATM WHEN I TRAVEL?
- WHAT IS THE EXCHANGE RATE WHEN I GET TO ANOTHER COUNTRY?
- WHEN I TRAVEL, ARE MY RECEIPTS IN U.S. DOLLARS OR THE LOCAL CURRENCY?
- HOW DO I GET A SECONDARY CARD?
- HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE VISA TRAVELMONEY TRAVEL & EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE, PURCHASE SECURITY AND LOST LUGGAGE REIMBURSEMENT?
- No. The Visa TravelMoney Card is a prepaid reloadable card that carries a cash amount determined by the cardholder up to the maximum allowed card balance. Each time the card is used, the purchase amount is deducted from the available balance. [back to top]
- It can be used to make purchases everywhere Visa Debit is accepted and to obtain $300 cash per day at any Visa or PLUS ATM worldwide. The Card(s) can not be used for any type of cash advances. [back to top]
- Unlike traveler checks, the Visa TravelMoney Card can be reloaded plus it can be used for ATM access to get cash in local currencies worldwide. Transactions are automatically tracked and can be reviewed online or by phone. The Visa TravelMoney Card offers cardholder benefits such as Visa Travel and Emergency Assistance, Visa Purchase Security, Lost Luggage Reimbursement, emergency cash and card replacement, and Visa’s Zero Liability protection. [back to top]
- Yes, the Visa TravelMoney Card has a maximum value limit of $5,000. [back to top]
- Purchase transactions are unlimited, up to the balance remaining on your card. However, for the protection of our cardholders, there are limits to the number and dollar amount of reloads and ATM withdrawals performed within a certain time period. Please call 866-466-8084 to learn more. [back to top]
- Each card is distributed with a Cardholder Agreement & Disclosure. This agreement fully explains the terms and conditions regarding the use of the card. This agreement can also be viewed online. The cardholder accepts the terms and conditions by activating the card, signing the back of the card or using the card. [back to top]
- You can retrieve and/or change your PIN by calling the number listed on the back of your card. You may also change your PIN by going to www.hctravelcard.com. [back to top]
- Yes, you may reload your Visa TravelMoney Card at a participating financial institution or at any merchant that displays the Visa Ready Link logo. For a listing of Ready Link merchants please go to www.hctravelcard.com. [back to top]
- You should select credit. [back to top]
- Each merchant location has its own return policies and will handle the returns in the same manner as any other Visa debit purchase. [back to top]
- Yes, the card expires on the expiration date shown on the front of the card or once the card has a balance of $0 and has been inactive for 30 days. Once the card expires a $10 monthly fee will be assessed until the balance is zero, or until the cardholder requests a new card. The cardholder may terminate the card and receive the funds via a check or transfer funds to a bank account. Within six to eight weeks of a written request a check will be sent less the $25.00 service fee or go to www.hctravelcard.com to transfer funds to a bank account less a $5.00 service fee. [back to top]
- Yes, please your Terms and Conditions for reload limitations. [back to top]
- Please refer to the Terms and Conditions. [back to top]
- Yes, subject to the rules of each individual merchant. [back to top]
- Recipient should immediately report any problems or a lost or stolen card by calling 1-866-466-8084. A replacement card will be issued and any available balance will be transferred to the new card, less the $5.00 lost/stolen fee that will be deducted from the card’s available balance (a new card issuance fee may also apply). As long as the lost or stolen card is reported immediately, the cardholder is not responsible for any unauthorized merchant charges. [back to top]
CAN THE VISA TRAVELMONEY CARD HAVE A NEGATIVE BALANCE?
Any authorization request that is greater than the card’s available balance will be declined. However, there can be times when a Visa® merchant puts an item through without prior authorization. If an overdraft occurs, the card recipient will be required to make a payment to cardholder services to cover the negative amount. [back to top]
Payments should be sent to:
Cardholder Services • P.O. Box 550160, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33355-0160
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY PURCHASE IS DENIED?
- In most cases your available balance is less than the purchase amount. You will want to tell the merchant the exact amount left on your card and use another form of payment to pay the difference (subject to the merchant’s policies). In rare cases, if an inactivity fee has been assessed and has brought your card to a $0 balance; your card will have automatically closed. [back to top]
HERE ARE SOME TIPS WHEN USING THE CARD AT:
Restaurants, Beauty Salons, Hotels, Car Rental Agencies - It is customary for service-oriented or travel companies to require an available balance over the purchase amount (usually 25%) to ensure sufficient funds for tips or incidental expenses.
Gas Stations - Paying at the pump using this card requires at least a minimum balance of $75.00 (subject to change). However, only the actual amount spent will be deducted from the card. If your Visa TravelMoney Card is less than $75.00, you can use the card inside the station as long as the purchase does not exceed the remaining balance.
On-Line Merchants - This card may not be used at age restricted on-line merchant sites.
- Use the ATM locator found at www.Visa.com or www.hctravelcard.com for participating Visa ATMs both domestic and abroad. [back to top]
- The exchange rate is determined by the rate of exchange on the date of purchase. Using your Visa TravelMoney Card at an ATM can be less expensive than using a currency exchange to get foreign currency. Please note that an International Transaction Fee of 3% of the transaction amount will be assessed on all transactions conducted internationally. [back to top]
- Your receipt will reflect the local currency. [back to top]
- You may get a secondary card by returning to the original purchase location of your Visa TravelMoney Card. The financial institution will be able to issue a secondary card on your account. Limit 2. [back to top]
- For general questions regarding this benefit, please go to www.hctravelcard.com or call the Program Administrator at 1-800-757-1274, or call collect at 0-804-673-6496. [back to top]